44,257 (32,399 undergraduates)
Does College Size Matter?
2019-20 Accepted: 54%
4 Year Graduation Rate: 61%
5 Year Graduation Rate: 85%
Why YOU Should Care About College Graduation Rates
What you need to know on how to pay for college at University of Wisconsin
1. COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID INDICATORS
Total Expenses In-State: $26,553
Total Expenses Out-of-State: $53,613
Average Net Price 18-19: $16,103
Freshman Non-Federal Loans: 6%
Net Price Calculator
5 Rules About Paying for College That Most Parents Don’t Know
2. 75th PERCENTILE TEST SCORES
SAT EBRW: 700
SAT Math: 780
The Truth About Scholarships
Percent Freshman not in top quarter of class: 10%
Percent Freshman with GPA <3.50: 4.4%
Percent of Freshman Need Met: 83%
Percent of Non-Need Freshman Receiving Awards: 7.2%
Average Freshman Non-Need Award: $5,405
(compare to other college’s Common Data Set)
Class Schedule: Yes
Shows Class Capacity: Yes
Student to Faculty Ratios: Should they be part of your college rankings?
NCAA D1, Big 10 Conference
5. Reasons to consider University of Wisconsin-Madison:
Undergraduate Research Scholars
Wisconsin Idea Undergraduate Fellowships
Engine Research Center
Bolz Center for Arts Administration
Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center
Accenture Leadership Center
Hawk Center for Applied Security Analysis
Center for Finance & Investment Banking
Antarctic Meteorological Research Center
Center for Demography and Ecology
Space Science and Engineering Center
Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center
Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies
- The University of Madison-Wisconsin offers first and second-year undergraduates the chance to complete research or creative projects through the Undergraduate Research Scholars Program.
- The Wisconsin Idea Fellowship Program allows students to work on projects with community partners. The Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center provides summer undergraduate research programs.
- The Food Research Institute Research Scholars learn about food safety and work full-time on projects during the summer.
- The Puelicher Center for Banking Education allows students to run their own bank as part of their capstone project.
- The Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center offers Research Experience for Undergraduate Programs.
- The Center for Sustainability and the Global Environment hires undergraduates to work on research activities.
- The Center for East Asian Studies provides scholarships for study abroad.
- The European Union Center of Excellence sponsors an advanced study of the European Union program in Brussels. Students are hired as support for the Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies.