Paying college with scholarships isn’t as simple as it sounds.
- What are College Scholarships?
- What are the Scholarship Types?
- How do students apply for scholarships?
- When can students apply for portable scholarships?
- How long do scholarships last?
- How do students receive the scholarship money?
- What can you spend scholarship money on?
Let’s start with the definition, scholarships are simply free money for students to spend on their education. This basic definition includes scholarships awarded for pre-schools, dance classes, camps, and, of course, colleges. When you start asking what are scholarships in terms of paying for college, things don’t seem as simple any more. Now you have athletic scholarships, academic scholarships, and other various merit scholarships. And scholarships are just one kind of financial aid available for college so you probably need to have some understanding of how it differs from grants, loans, and work-study. However, even as you wade through various definitions, essentially a scholarship is free money for students to spend on their education.