Did you know that the University of Maine’s Advanced Structures Composites Center hires undergraduate research assistants who have opportunities to become full research partners including being named authors on journal articles, named inventors on patents, and attending national and international conferences and meetings?
Did you know that students at the University of Dayton can spend a Semester of Service while continuing to live in campus housing?
Did you know that the Center for Geophysical Studies of Ice and Climate at St. Olaf College hires students early in their undergraduate career so they can continue with us until graduation?
If your idea of researching a college is to just look them up in the various rankings, then you probably would never know about any of the opportunities I just listed.
If you want to create a list of amazing colleges to apply to, you’re going to need to spend some time on college websites. I show you how to make the most of the time in Creating College Lists: Your Guide to Using College Websites to Pay Less for a Better Education.
After reading the book you’ll know:
- How to start a list of colleges to research when you don’t have any idea of where to go
- How to expand your list of colleges to research when you do have some idea of where to go
How to quickly find out what is distinctive about a college
- What are the critical elements of a college website that you MUST pay attention to and why
- Where to find a college’s Net Price Calculator and what to look out for
- What kind of tools are available for you to follow colleges
This book is for anyone who wants to start researching colleges but just doesn’t know how to start.
As a bonus, everyone who downloads the book will also get a copy of The Scholarship Toolkit which includes:
- Ratings of 16 major scholarship search websites
- Overview of 7 websites with lists of scholarships
- Listing of resources to organize and track scholarship applications
- 46 often overlooked state websites for scholarships
- Information on how to apply for scholarships including checklists